Friday, August 29, 2008

Nina

About 10 years ago I was helping teach a junior high girls class at church, and there was this spunky girl named Nina who came with her neighbors. She is an only child of a single Mom who worked a nurses hours. For some reason Nina and I hit it off and she began coming over and babysitting for a Bible study in our home and then spending the night. That's how it all began, the journey since then has been what we lovingly call a rollercoaster. I have experienced the teenage years and now some of the college years. Through it all it has been a blessing to me to watch how God has worked in her life. There have been difficult times too, but even those God has worked together for good, because He is a faitthful God. She has become my best friend. In some ways I liken it to a child who grows into a friendship with their parent, and now here we are getting ready to say good bye. She leaves tomorrow and words can't explain how we will all miss her. I gave her the following verses for they say it better than I can:

Phillipians 1:3-7
I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. It is right for me to feel this way about you since I have you in my heart.





No comments:

My fun kids

My fun kids
In their favorite tree