Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sick doesn't mean sad

I generally don't sleep well when David is gone - he's in Guatemal right now. But last night I had a different reason for my lack of sleep. If my Title and the picture below haven't given it away for you, I'll explain.
Kayte came down with a fever yesterday afternoon. By 5:00 she was exhausted so I put her to bed. She woke up two hours later, a trend she continued through much of the night. Since she is such a picky eater and drinker things are only more difficult when she is sick - so she pretty much only consumed milk yesterday. Getting any medicine in her to help her feel better is also a huge challenge. For example I tried to give her some Tylenol and, being the stubborn girl she is, she gagged on it. That triggered further gag reflexes and it didn't take long before she and I were covered in curdled milk! That was 7:00. David is so much better at the whole medicine thing! By 11:00 she was miserable, and I resorted to strapping her down and giving her medicine basically drop by drop. It helped her (and me) sleep for a bit.
Today has been a "hold you" day. And despite the fact that I am getting nothing else done, I've been enjoying it. She's normally not much of a cuddler.


Jack gave me quite the giggle showing me his dance moves. I tried to hold the camera still...hope you smile as much as I did. I took two videos, and both make me laugh, though they aren't too different from each other. He is such a goof!


No comments:

My fun kids

My fun kids
In their favorite tree